International Conference under the aegis of UISPP (The International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences) and the auspices of IFRAO (The International Federation of Rock Art Organisations):
– President of the Scientific Committee: Henry de Lumley, Director of the Institute of Human Palaeontology in Paris;
The Vice Presidents are:
– Luiz Oosterbeek, Secretary General of the UISPP (The International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences);
– Giacomo Giacobini, Director of the Human Anatomy Museum, Turin University;
– Robert Bednarik, Secretary General of the IFRAO (The International Federation of Rock Art Organizations).
– Juan Luis Arsuaga, Director of the Museum of Human Evolution, Burgos, University of Madrid;
– Marta Arzarello, University of Ferrara;
– Hipolito Collado, Director of the Extremadura Archaeological Superintendency;
– Enrico Comba, University of Turin;
– Clive Finlayson, Museum of Gibraltar Director;
– David Frayer, Kansas University;
– Jean-Marie Le Tensorer, University of Basel;
– Daniele Ormezzano, Museum of Natural Science, Turin;
– Marcel Otte, University of Liege; Marco Peresani, University of Ferrara;
– Dario Seglie, CeSMAP Director, IFRAO-UNESCO Liaison Officer;
– Mike Singleton, Louvain University.
– Andrew Howley, National Geographic, Washington DC;
– Maurizio Menicucci, Rai-Tv, Turin.
This conference is organized by Centro Studi e Museo d’Arte Preistorica (CeSMAP):
“Is there palaeoart before modern humans? Did Neanderthals or other early humans create ‘art’ ?”
Conference will be held at the University of Turin, Campus “Luigi Einaudi”, Italy
From 22 to 26 August 2018
Academic sessions will be from 22 to 24 August 2018, followed by field trips to Neanderthal sites on 25 and 26 August (Fumane Cave, Verona, Italy and Ciota Ciara Cave, Borgosesia, Italy).
The three sessions:
1. Changes in environment and human adaptations.
2. Changes in the utilitarian and non-utilitarian productions in two million years of human history.
3. The dawn of art-like productions and behaviours.
Announcement: CALL FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS.
Interested researchers are encouraged to submit proposals by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org – The official web site: https://www.homoneanderthalensis.org/
CENTRO STUDI E MUSEO ARTE PREISTORICA – CeSMAP
Museo Civico di Archeologia e Antropologia
Viale Giolitti 1 – 10064 Pinerolo, Italy
Phone: +39 0121794382 – Fax: +39 012175547
Mob. +39 331 2713759 – E-mail: CeSMAP@cesmap.it – http://www.cesmap.it